trying to achieve perfection with less than stellar results


Friday, February 4, 2011

Recipe Friday ~ Big Bird Wild Rice Soup

This turkey & rice soup is a family fave. My husband was leery at first but now loves it!

Ingredients:
1/2 c chopped celery
1/2 c chopped carrot
1/4 c chopped onion
1/4 c margarine
1/4 c flour
2 c chicken broth
1 c half & half
1 c cooked rice
1/2 c chopped cooked turkey

Directions:
Cook celery, carrot, and onion in maragine until tender. Stir in flour. Add chicken broth, cook, and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in half & half, rice, and turkey. Heat through.

Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Makes 4 side dish servings.

NOTE: Obviously I double/triple up on these measurements to serve it as a main dish. I also don't measure the veggies. Just cut up them up according to our family's taste. And I've used chicken when I don't have turkey. And I usually use the boil-in-a-bag rice. You don't have to use half & half; I've used milk just added less so it still gets thick.

1 comment: