trying to achieve perfection with less than stellar results


Tuesday, October 12, 2010

"Reviving Ophelia"

Last night I watched a movie on Lifetime called "Reviving Ophelia". All I can say is wow.

The premise for this movie was about teen dating/abusive relationships and one family's struggle to help their daughter realize this is not how life should be.

I have so much built up to say about this I don't even know where to start. Domestic violence is NOT acceptable under any circumstances. It is never deserved. Abusive relationships are not always just about the physical. There are other signs of abuse.

I only hope when my daughter gets to the dating age that she does not have to deal with a man like that. And I hope that I recognize these warning signs. But more importantly I hope that her father and I have instilled in her the value of her worth. That no one should treat her that way; that she is worth more; and that she feels she can come to her father and I should she encounter a man like this.

And I hope, as the mother of two boys, that we have instilled in them that that is not how you treat a lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment