trying to achieve perfection with less than stellar results


Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Pieces

As the princess is sleeping I thought I would update a little bit. Thanks, Kelly for reminding me to write.

Obviously it was a failed mission to blog once a week. Sucktastic. I have so much to say that you would think I would be on here all the time. Umm, no. I want to be witty and fun. But it appears that these things come on a whim and not upon direction. And how to do you make funny and witty that I have no privacy and have to poop with the baby on my lap? Brittany at barefootfoodie makes this shit HIL-AR-I-OUS!

Jerry played in a flag football tournament Columbus Day weekend Saturday. His team went 2-2. They were actually pretty good until their QB got hurt. And by got hurt I mean he fractured his ankle, tore ligiments in his ankle, and did something else bad (can't remember cause I didn't hear everything first hand).

Andrew and I threw the football back and forth this past Sunday cause:
-Andrew: Guess what Mommy
-Me: What baby?
-Andrew: Playing football is really good exercise for you. That's why you should play all the time.
-Me: Oh, I need exercise?
-Andrew: Yeah - So you can get skinny again.
-Me: Oh, Mommy's not skinny anymore?
-Andrew: *shrugs* Not really.
-Me: Thanks baby. Mommy loves you too.

*HEAVY SIGH* So, my baby (that I gave birth to, and gave up my glorious figure for) thinks his momma is a fatty. AWESOME. Looks like I need to start that diet sooner than I thought. Only, I can't diet. No diet I know of allows me to eat a 9x13 pan of brownies. That's the diet I need. As I approach ahem*30*ahem things are going down hill. Ugh. Sucktastic.

Andrew is struggling with math. Which is FRUSTRATING for me. I am super fab at math. I don't know how to help him more. It's frustrating for us both actually. I can't make him understand and he can't articulate why he doesn't understand. He just guesses the answers and waits for my response. I have learned not to say anything. Just to ask him if he is sure and why he picked that answer. Hopefully something turns around soon. Any suggestions, please help us. But he is loving school this year, which makes me tremendously happy. Sunday, he came up to me and gave me a hug for no reason. It was like Mother's Day all over again. I love that baby.

Nathan is doing okay in school. He is still struggling with sitting still and doing his best work. He want quantity of work; we (Mommy, Daddy & teacher) want quality work. We are trying to figure out how to meet in the middle. We are reading 20 minutes or more every night and he is LOVING it. He makes sure to ask just before bed time for his book. That makes me smile. He is enjoying school this year, this too makes me tremendously happy. He brings a smile to my face like no other.

Annabelle is growing by leaps and bounds. She is running everywhere and into EVERYTHING. Subsequently she has a bruise in the middle of her forehead from running into the door jams all the time. She loves her big brothers so much and gets super excited when they pay attention to her. When we go to pick the boys up from the bus stop she starts yelling "Bubba" until Andrew gets off the bus. We are trying to teach her to say Tater but we aren't having much luck. Soon, it will happen. I love the time I get to spend with her everyday.

Jerry keeps working a lot and his store is prospering because of it. If they keep on this track we will win the trip to Puerto Rico this April. YEA!! Some place warm with no snow! I'm excited. I am unbelievably greatful to my dear husband that works so hard that I can stay home with my kids. Because of him I can be the mommy I want to be. I <3 you so much honey.

Well. That's all for now. Maybe I can post more frequently and not just stuff about my family. There is so much room for discussion I can't wait!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Meh, you're not alone. Aiden climbed on my back the other night and called me 'schoolbus'. WOW. Lacey laughed for an hour.
    I was not as amused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh Aiden. That makes me laugh so hard I want to pee my pants. Kids say the most awful things. Glad I'm not alone, but I don't think you're a schoolbus! xoxo

    ReplyDelete