trying to achieve perfection with less than stellar results


Friday, October 15, 2010

Pumpkin Cookies

Wow look 2 posts in one week. I'm putting up my* Pumpkin Cookie recipe for those that keep asking me for it I can just refer them here. :)

PUMPKIN COOKIES

1 c white sugar
1 egg
1 c shortening (or margarine)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 c canned pumpkin (pumpkin puree - not pie mix)
Icing (recipe to follow)

Preheat oven to 350. Grease cookie sheets (I usually use my baking stone - no grease required).

Cream sugar, egg, shortening, and vanilla. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Stir into creamed mixure. Stir in pumpkin. Spoon dough onto cookie sheet**. Bake for ~12 minutes. Ice when cool.

**Rather than spoon the cookies I put them in a pastry bag or huge ziploc and make dollups on the cookie sheet.

Icing

1c powdered sugar
1TBS margarine
1tsp vanilla
2-4 TBS milk

Mix powdered sugar, margarine, and vanilla. Add milk a tablespoon at a time. Mix until desired consistency.

I put the icing in a ziploc bag and just do squiggles back and forth over all the cookies.

*I didn't come up with this recipe. I think I got it from Martha Stewart.

1 comment: