trying to achieve perfection with less than stellar results


Thursday, January 13, 2011

So much has happened.......

The last couple of weeks that I haven't shared! OMG; Where to begin.....

My brother deployed with his unit on January 5. He is currently in Okinawa, Japan. At the end of the month they will board the ship and come into port in numerous locations. I downloaded Skype so we are able to talk to him still. Which is completely awesome. Andrew loves being able to talk to him. As do the rest of us. I mean, we know he's good where he is; but there's just something about being able to hear his voice. It's great.

Jerry has officially won the trip to Puerto Rico. We will be going sometime in April. He is super excited about it. I on the other hand, am somewhat nervous. That is far away from the kids for such a long time. They will be fine I know but, ya know, I won't be there if they need me.

It has been snowing off and on here. We don't have nearly as much as they do out East. Just a couple of inches. And as I type this the big, fat, puffy snowflakes are flying.

Andrew has joined an afterschool club. It's about sports. Teaching them what? I'm not so sure. We just blindly signed him up cause it said sports. Yay for involved parenting! lol

Nathan had a rough couple of days starting back to school but things are turning around now. He's a good boy when he wants to be.

Annabelle is starting to repeat more of the things we are saying. And she understands the things we tell her. She is very good about picking up her toys when we tell her.

I am continuously trying to find the motivation to keep the house picked up. After the holidays everything is just so anticlimactic. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I spelled that wrong but who cares. I have been trying to find new recipes to feed the family. Some are hits, some are misses. The hits, I plan to share here.

No comments:

Post a Comment